Goo Alien toys were a range of small, soft, and squishy creatures that were popular among children in the late 1990s and early 2000s. The toys were made of a stretchy, gooey substance that gave them a unique texture and feel. They were often sold in small plastic eggs.
Who Created Goo Aliens?
Goo Alien toys were created by the toy company Toymax and were first introduced in 1996.
Why Were Goo Aliens So Popular?
They quickly gained popularity due to their quirky and unusual appearance, as well as the fact that they were fun to play with and collect.
One of the main reasons for the popularity of Goo Alien toys was their versatility. Children could stretch, twist, and shape the toys in a variety of different ways, which made them a hit with kids who enjoyed creative play. They were also very durable, which meant that they could withstand rough handling and were suitable for both indoor and outdoor play.
How Do You Look After Goo Aliens?
As Goo Alien toys are made of a stretchy, gooey substance, they do not require any special care or maintenance. However, there are a few things you can do to ensure that your Goo Alien toys remain in good condition:
- Avoid exposing them to extreme temperatures: Goo Alien toys may become brittle or sticky if exposed to extreme heat or cold, so it’s best to store them in a cool, dry place.
This might also be a good time to point out that microwaving Goo Aliens won’t get them pregnant, just destroy your toys!
- Keep them away from sharp objects: The goo material used to make Goo Alien toys is soft and stretchy, which means that it can be easily punctured or torn if it comes into contact with sharp objects.
- Clean them regularly: If your Goo Alien toys become dirty or sticky, you can clean them by wiping them down with a damp cloth. Avoid using any harsh cleaning products, as these may damage the goo material.
- Avoid squeezing them too hard: While Goo Alien toys are designed to be stretchy and pliable, it is important not to squeeze them too hard, as this could cause the goo material to become damaged or deformed.
Can You Still Buy Goo Aliens?
As with many toy trends, the popularity of Goo Alien toys eventually began to wane, and they are no longer as widely available as they once were. However, it is still possible to find Goo Alien toys for sale in the UK, both online and in some specialist toy stores.
Here are a few options to consider:
- Online marketplaces: You can often find Goo Alien toys for sale on online marketplaces like eBay and third-party Amazon sellers. These may be vintage or collectible versions of the toys, or they may be newer copies that have been produced by third-party manufacturers.
- Specialty toy stores: Some specialty toy stores in the UK may carry Goo Alien toys, either as part of their regular stock or as part of a vintage or collectible range. It’s worth contacting your local toy stores to see if they have any in stock, but set your expectations low!
- Toy fairs and conventions: If you are interested in collecting vintage or collectible Goo Alien toys, you may be able to find them at toy fairs and conventions. These events are held periodically throughout the UK and provide a great opportunity to browse a wide variety of old and rare toys.
If you are a collector of old toys, then you are probably well aware of where to look – much more than we do!
- Online retailers: Some online retailers, such as The Toy Shop, may carry Goo Alien toys as part of their range. It’s worth checking their website or contacting them to see if they have any in stock. But if you Google it, you will find all sorts of options for purchasing!
In conclusion, Goo Alien toys were a hugely popular range of toys that were enjoyed by children in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Despite their decline in popularity, it is still possible to find these quirky and fun creatures for sale in the UK.
How Do Goo Aliens Have Babies?
Although this might ruin your childhood memories, Goo Alien toys do not have the ability to reproduce or have babies, as they are not real animals or organisms.
Instead you need to buy a Goo Alien Birthpod in order to get baby Goo Aliens – just like this amazon listing below: